Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Arachtober 9: the reader

I've been following this little jumper around with the camera for days. When I took this, he was visiting my bedside table; now he's on my dresser.

He's tipped back, gluing a tracking webline to the book.

Jumpers are not cobweb builders, but they do travel at the end of a silk line, which enables them to drop and dangle off a "cliff" or the edge of my bedside table, in this case. They also make themselves safe spaces, silk shelters under leaves or the loose bark of a tree. One (not the bookworm) has build himself a hammock in the corner of my ceiling today and appears to be resting there.

#Arachtober

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger