Friday, August 03, 2018

Looking up

Most of Vancouver Island, on a map of the terrain, looks like that piece of aluminum foil that you gave up trying to flatten out.

Central Vancouver Island, Buttle Lake to the west coast.

The two highways on the north end follow valley floors and skirt the shores of lakes, and rarely climb more than 200 metres (600 some odd feet)*, but the view from those highways is mostly vertical.


Hwy 28, on the shore of Upper Campbell Lake, looking southwest.

The same spot, looking back towards Campbell River.

And looking through the trees at the lake and the mountains on the far side.

A bit further down the highway, sun and shadow on the upper part of a cliff face.

*Logging roads don't follow this rule. They go where the trees are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger