Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Pink violet

Tiny. Wild. Old Faithful; it comes back every year, blooming in a broken pot.

Perennial early violet.

These were blooming in the lawn in Delta. I transferred one clump to a pot, and there they thrived. Over the second winter, the ice cracked the pot open; the violets hung on, even with some of their roots in the air. Three years ago, I moved the broken pot with me to Campbell River, dropping shards as we went. The pot now provides the most tenuous of support and protection; the tiny flowers still appear with the first warmth of spring.

Old Faithful!

2 comments:

  1. If you let the seeds fall on the lawn, you should soon have a colony.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger