Monday, July 24, 2017

Olive slices, lemony stripes

Checking out the gumweed at Oyster Bay ...

That white gum is sticky! But we have visitors, too!

A green and yellow caterpillar. And look again; there's another, a young 'un, on a petal. And two aphids, one covered in pollen. Those brown and black lumps are caterpillar poop.

It seems to be grub season. I found a couple in my flower beds, and one trundling across the kitchen floor.

Now he's on the kitchen counter. And not happy about it. Those little black ovals look like slices of black olives.

I sent him outside to look for weeds. I've got plenty to spare.

1 comment:

  1. The green caterpillar will probably become one of the sulphur yellow butterflies. I don't know about the other, though.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger