Thursday, May 18, 2017

Easy pickings

In the Campbell River estuary, two-inch-long fish, salmon or trout, were schooling. A great blue heron stood in the shallows, enjoying a hearty lunch.


Caught another. His long crown feathers dance with each lunge.

Watching for the next bite.

From behind shrubs on the river bank, I approached, step by step. The heron ignored me until I had to step out from behind the last one. Then he stood, watching me, but never ceding his rich fishing spot. I retreated, and he went back to his meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger