Thursday, August 11, 2016

Where were we now?

Almost a month ago, I was in the middle of a series about Oyster Bay Shoreline Park, when I dropped it to run off to Tahsis and prowl through the bush with family, taking photos of mushrooms and slugs and the like.

I'm back now, my family have all taken themselves back to their respective homes, and I've only a few Tahsis photos to mull over, seeds for one or two more posts.

Time to get back to Oyster Bay.

For today, here's another grasshopper from the headland.

Unidentified grasshopper. I must upgrade my hopper recognition wetware.

Grasshopper found close to the same place, two days earlier, about the same time. Is it the same species, different colour morph, older or younger, or a separate species? These critters are confusing!

This one's only about 15 minutes from home.

Tomorrow, more Oyster Bay plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger