Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Yes, that's the moon

(Update and correction: No, that's the sun. Wrong time of day for the moon, wrong shape, too.*)

BC is on fire again. CBC News reports that there are more than 180 wildfires active in the province today, and more are expected every day until it rains. The one small fire that started in Vancouver is out, but we are getting smoke from other nearby fires, some quite large. Our skies are grey, an orangey, greeny, sickly grey, not the cool blue-grey of a rainy day. The air stings the back of my throat; a day ago, I stayed inside with everything shut tight, to keep the smoke at bay. Yesterday, I went to IKEA, where it was cool and the air is filtered.

On the way home, I looked in my rearview mirror and saw the moon shining through that grey sky. I stopped the car and took a couple of photos.

Yes, that's the moon. (No. The sun.)

I took a photo with the tops of the trees, just to show it wasn't a kid's balloon.

I'm inside again, with everything shut tight. I can still smell the smoke.

*Thanks, Jen.

4 comments:

  1. I live in western New York State, and our sunsets have been glorious because of the smoke from your fires all those miles away. It is sad that the beauty comes of such destruction

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have heard all this here in Ontario. Terrible times. Our son's family is in Vancouver, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:16 am

    No, that is the sun. The moon comes out in the wee hours of the morning during its waning time. From JenGets

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sun? Wow! Thanks, Jen. I'll update the post.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger