Saturday, July 04, 2015

Small doings

The new BirdCam has taken dozens of shots of chickadees and white-crowned sparrows taking their baths. A grand display of splashes and wet feathers and dunked heads; they've all been having fun.

This youngster wasn't so sure about the whole procedure.

"Well, I've got my feet wet; now what?"

Here's the mother. She's just given her kid a full demonstration, but he's not ready yet.

And I never expected the camera to pick up this:

Bald-faced hornet, getting a drink. He, or one of his family, came back several times when the birds had finished their baths and dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger