Monday, June 29, 2015

Three arms and a half.

A month ago, the 25th of May, I brought home a three-armed starfish and posted his photo here.

3/5 of a star, an inch eye to eye. (The eyes are on the tips of the arms.)

I kept him in a hospital bowl for a week, and he seemed to be doing well, so I transferred him to the tank, where he went into hiding under a shell for another week. Now, he's out most days, eating barnacles and growing a leg.

And just look at him now! Fat and happy, and a little more balanced. An inch and a half eye to eye.

I don't see any buds for a fifth arm. I wonder if he's going to stop at four, or will start on the fifth when #4 is full size.


1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger