Sunday, October 19, 2014

Find the spider

It's been a while since I visited our vacant lot across the street. It's almost a small forest now, with a small clearing in the centre, half underwater. And I've come back with a stack of photos; weeds and seeds, skies and water, human leftovers, and some interesting critters. Skies tomorrow, I think.

For now, here's a hiding spider. I turned over a board under a stand of alders by the creek, and there was her messy web, and a flash of brown as she raced for cover. She's in the photo: can you find her?

Yes, there she is.

Now do you see her?

2 comments:

  1. I am usually pretty good at these but I did not spot her. Once I knew, she was right there , of course.

    That sowbug ... is it strong enough to avoid a web?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look for the glint in her eye...but once I saw her, I couldn't not see her.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger