Thursday, December 19, 2013

Short-lived sunset

We'd had a late-afternoon coffee at Tim Horton's; it was almost 4:30, time to go home. But this sunset met us in the parking lot. I had to take a photo. Three photos; the sky was too wide to fit in one, even though half of the sunset was hidden behind Tim's. It would be better from a larger parking lot a few blocks away, with no buildings to the west, but just to be sure, I took my three shots.

Composite photo

Good thing I did; by the time we got to our corner and a clear view of the sky, less than five minutes later, all that was left was a fading orange wash behind the distant evergreens.

A Skywatch post.

6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful photo for SWF! Have a nice weekend and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. Great idea to take several shots and turn them into one panoramic view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, glad to see someone else does the same as me in showing the sky to its full extent

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful sunset!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful composite shot! Really captures the entire sky well.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger