Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Needle nose fish

There are exciting developments in my aquarium, and of course, new questions to ask.  I've spent all evening and night searching for answers, without much luck. Photos and story tomorrow.

For tonight, here's a Pacific sand lance that I found on the beach the other day.

Ammodytes hexapterus. About 5 inches long: still a youngster.

I love the pointed nose and the tidy yellow cap. It was dead, but still fresh. Only because the gulls were being snooty, sitting far away on the outer sandbanks, it hadn't been eaten yet.

Now, goodnight. I am weary, weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger