Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Purple

Hellebore in the rain

Whatever the weather ...

Hellebores are like the postal workers:

Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.
Inscription, New York City Post Office, adapted from Herodotus
Greek historian & traveler (484 BC - 430 BC)

It's rained steadily all day and night. My poor primulas are all tattered and moldy. Not the hellebores, though! Tough as nails, and not as prone to rust.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger