Saturday, January 09, 2010

Driving me distracted

I'm working at my desk; movement outside the window distracts me. A swinging, bouncing branch with a pincushion wildly dancing beneath. I grab the camera, plant my elbows on the desk and try to focus.



Bushtits and suet.

The bushtits leave. I go back to work. Again, the branch bounces.



"Glad they left some for me."



"May as well finish it off."

Finally, the branch slows and stops. Maybe now I can get in a focused shot.



Well, yes. Although the subject matter is not quite what I was hoping for.

I need a big mirror over on the evergreens, with a spotlight on the feeder. And another case-lot of suet.

5 comments:

  1. Did you ever get any work done? I'd be stopping for those distractions too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeders are such entertainment. I don't know why folks try to keep the squirrels off because they are such acrobats and I get such a kick out of watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised the squirrel waited for the birds to eat their fill. Are they usually that polite?

    I'm kinda glad we don't have them here because I'd get absolutely nothing done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to have a bird feeder to encourage visitors, but I worry about having them come to depend on it and I have to go away for a week or so. So I've just enjoy the birds who come by for a visit on their own. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gardener; there's an inverse relationship between my time spent working and work done, I think. I am far too easily distrac ... oh! Is that a spider on the curtain?

    Lucy and Dick, I used to try to prevent squirrel depradations, but then I discovered their antics. (And no, Snail, they're not exactly polite. Just easily spooked.

    Margy, that's why I like my chickadee feeder; I only have to fill it once a week, unless the weather is extremely inclement. And the suet feeder lasts even longer.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger