Sunday, November 01, 2009

On the pumpkin trail

I'm in Strathcona again. It's full of talented people,* so I thought that the Hallowe'en displays would be worth checking out. And the sun came out! So off I went, camera in hand, to find pumpkins.

I was not disappointed. These were a few of my favourites, all found within 3 blocks of the starting point.




A happy kid. Maybe Calvin?





Love the toothpick hair!





Cat on a windowsill





In distress; all those warts, dried-up nose, and he's lost an ear, besides.





Raccoon, the masked bandit?





Toothy character.





"Ow! That tealight was hot!"




Cthulhu

And one extra, not a pumpkin. The simplest decoration I saw, but surprisingly effective: the two-tissue ghost.



Good until the next rain.

More of the pumpkins are on Flickr, here.

*The annual Eastside Culture Crawl, this year with over 300 local artists, happens in three weeks, November 20 to 22. We'll be there, as usual.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger