Monday, August 17, 2009

Snap! Crackle! Pop!

Meet Charlie. He is a Salmon-crested cockatoo from Indonesia, and he lives in the Bloedel Conservatory. He's been there for over 25 years, and loves talking and clowning for his fans. We've visited him before; then he said, hello and told us his name. This time, he wasn't talking, but he showed us his new trick.



When he saw us watching, he climbed down off his perch, and collected a plastic plant pot stuck upside-down on another branch. Then he proceeded to turn it around and around, breaking pieces off the rim; they made a resounding, satisfying "Crack!".


"Gotta make your own musical instruments around here."

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger