Saturday, March 28, 2009

Love in the treetops

It's honeymoon season in my back yard. A pair of squirrels plays tag up and down the tree trunks. Pine siskins are busily collecting palm fibers from my planters for their nests, the bushtits are feeding in couples, chickadees are calling, "Here, sweetie!" In the blackberry hedge, sparrows are exchanging tuneful sweet nothings. Even the crows are in the mood.


Courting twosome in elegant, formal black.

Being crows, however, they express their emotion in raucous, uncouth shoutings and insults.


"And furthermore, get off our lawn!"

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger