Monday, August 11, 2008

I haven't done this for a while.

I promised, but ... In my defense, I might say that life has just been too complex to keep track of my bookmarks recently. ... No? Didn't work?

Oh, well. My bad.

I'll try to get back on track. Here's a collection of what I've been looking at and enjoying for the past little bit, in no particular order.

Deep Sea News : Everything Poops:
Even copepods. "Beautiful!" say the researchers.

I and the Bird #81 « the Marvelous in nature:
A work of art, by Seabrooke

bioephemera : A Spiderweb Optics Mystery:
An interesting two-colour spider web.

Reflections on Snail Photography:
On the use of reflectors. Good tip.

Deep Sea News : Invert Pictures...TGIM?:
Oh, the eyes! Bay scallop.

Sam Kee Building - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
We were here a couple of weeks ago. I'd like to tour the building some day.

Powell River Books Blog: Ancient Sea Water Trapped in Powell Lake:
About 10,000 years old, and it smells of rotten eggs.

The spider that crushes its prey with 140 metres of webbing:
What the title says. Blogging on Peer Reviewed research.

Burning Silo » Blog Archive » precious metals
Tortoise beetles. I love these beasties, with their fecal shields. Great recycling!

International Rock Flipping Day, round 2:
Remember last year's Rock Flipping Day? Well, it was such fun that we're doing it again. On September 7th. I'm already looking for a few likely rocks.


This one looks interesting. On the beach below Kwomais Point.

Join the fun! Instructions, here.

Tetrapod Zoology : Chicken chicken chicken
This is an oldie, but I recently watched it again and laughed (again) till I cried. So I thought you might enjoy it. (Hint: watch it to the end, through the question period. That last question/answer is a killer.)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger