Friday, April 20, 2007

Three AM.

It's the end of another too-full day, and almost the start of the next.

I used to tell myself, back when the kids were growing up, "Just a few more years, until they're teens -- make that gone off to college -- make that settled down -- make that don't need a babysitter -- well, anyhow, soon now, things will slow down. And I will catch up on all the stuff in to-do file."

Silly notion.

A big file landed on my desk this afternoon. On top of a promised-and-deadlined translation. And the weekend was already overbooked.

I was tearing my hair out, when I looked up from the screen and saw this outside my window:
maple buds... and put aside my paperwork and went out to pre-survey my plot for the bioblitz. A chickadee was calling, "Here, pretty!" and the robin told me to "Cheer up!"
So I did.

Who wants life to be slow, anyhow? That's boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger