Sunday, April 08, 2007

Mushroom fruiting changes tied to global warming


GrrlScientist
passes on the results of a study involving 52,000 sightings of mushrooms over a 50-year period.
"A unique research project has revealed that rising temperatures are affecting fungi in southern England by allowing mushrooms to grow during the winter when they never did before, and to fruit earlier and later, as well as more often."
I had noticed something that ties in; the coral and the tapioca slime that we discovered in the Watershed Park last week, according to the Guide, should be showing up in July or thereabouts, through the fall. Not in the springtime.

tapioca slimeI'll be checking expected dates more carefully from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger