Wednesday, January 31, 2007

All about the truth (or Google-bombing)

Just doing my part in a web experiment. Linking to the truth .

What is this all about? This will explain it.

Google supposedly has defused the Google-bomb.(wiki)
A Google bomb is Internet slang for a certain kind of attempt to influence the ranking of a given page in results returned by the Google search engine, often with humorous or political intentions.[1] Because of the way that Google's algorithm works, a page will be ranked higher if the sites that link to that page use consistent anchor text.
Which would be a pity, sort of. It was fun while it lasted. But I guess it did make things difficult for serious searchers. Which of course we (you and me, anyway) are, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger