Sunday, November 26, 2006

Windy Afternoon

Photos taken near Ladner, November 15th.
The wind had been blowing hard for a day and would get stronger that night. We could hardly stand on the dike, and facing into the wind, (cold!) we couldn't breathe. The birds were enjoying it, though. These are probably some variety of sandpiper.
Assorted debris thrown up by the wind and extra high tides, well above the usual high water line.
No leaves left on many trees; these probable starlings were subbing.
Flight patterns: starlings, seagulls and a crow or two.

Storm approaching from the south.


Time to head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger