Friday, November 20, 2015

Just exploring

I drove up to Kelsey Bay, 75 km north of Campbell River, following a winding road off the highway, through Sayward village (pop. 400) and on until I came to a dead end at a small, rocky, dark beach, slippery with rockweed and shreds of kelp, splashed with wind-driven waves. There, I went looking for critters, tripped and ended up in the water, froze my fingers until I couldn't feel the camera buttons, and then found the only local coffee shop closed. An interesting afternoon; a good day!

Broken, empty green sea urchin, still retaining most of its spines.

Fragment of the shell, from the inside.

There will be more photos tomorrow; scenery, kelp, and critters.

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful those sea urchins are, both alive and after they're dead - the shell they leave behind.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger