Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Japanese anemone

Anemone japonica or hupehensis, var Prince Henry

I bought this perennial about a month ago, and I'm really pleased with it. It stands about 2 feet tall, and is covered with flowers, more each day, even in September. It's sturdy; it never drooped under the weight of the storm the other day, nor did it lose any flowers.

It's supposed to naturalize and spread, but without becoming invasive. We'll see.

This flower has no petals; what looks like petals are really sepals.

And I love the round button in the centre.


1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger