Sunday, March 13, 2011

Beetles, please!

Call for submissions: I will be hosting the next "An Inordinate Fondness" carnival here in a few days. Please send me your best beetle posts from the last month before the morning of the 16th.

(I do hope someone out there has seen beetles; it seems that they aren't quite ready to wake up this spring yet. Even Ted, at Beetles in the Bush has gone over a week without one. Here, the only one to turn up so far this year is a singularly uncooperative carpet beetle. He refuses to sit still, has no interest in anything I try to distract him with, and if I cool him down ever so slightly, goes into a sulk.)

Sulking carpet beetle. Slightly more interesting upside-down.

Warming carpet beetle. Running already.

Send your posts to me, at wanderinweeta AT gmail, and that's DOT com.

1 comment:

  1. My gosh, I hadn't realized I'd gone a whole week posting about things other than beetles. I'll have to take care of that.

    Do not fear - beetles will rain upon you for the carnival!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger