Thursday, October 03, 2024

Arachtober, Day Three

This year has been a poor one for spiders, at least in the areas where I've searched for them. Many do turn up inside my house, but most of those are tiny moving specks, a few millimetres long at best. This one that showed up on my bedside table measures, fangs to spinnerets, about 3.5 millimetres. The pattern repeats on the table are just over 1 mm. each.

She'll go into the Arachtober pool for Day 3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Este ha sido un año con escasez de arañas, por lo menos en los sitios donde las he buscado. Dentro de mi casa, sí las hay, pero casi todas han sido arañas miniaturas, la mayoría midiendo apenas unos cuantos milímetros. Esta cruzaba mi mesa de dormitorio; mide, desde los quelíceros hasta las hileras (en el extremo posterior del abdomen) aproximadamente 3,5 mm. Cada elemento del diseño de la cubierta de la mesa mide tantito más de 1 mm.

Y la foto, la subí al grupo Arachtober para el Dia #3


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger