Sunday, April 30, 2023

Under a blue sky

 Just a rocky, sandy, seaweedy, barnacly, watery beach.

Stories Beach.

The water to the right is runoff from the land; rain and snow returning home. It's a centimetre deep, or maybe 2 in spots; usually not enough to reach into my shoes. Where it flows, the tidepools alternate twice daily from salt water to freshwater; a challenging environment for anemones and crabs and other beach residents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Una playa con todo: arena, piedras, agua, bálanos, algas marinas verdes y rojas. Lo azul al lado derecho es agua que baja desde tierra firma; la lluvia y la nieve camino a casa. Apenas cubre uno o dos centímetros, no suficiente como para meterse dentro de mis zapatos. Donde fluye, los pozos intramareales cambian dos veces diarias entre agua salada y agua fresca. Es un ambiente con retos para las anémonas, los cangrejos, y los otros organismos que aquí viven.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger