Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Wishing for winter

It's too hot for me. Two days ago I tried to go for a walk into the cool forest, heading for a lake at the bottom of a small hill. About 50 metres from the road, I had to turn back, already dizzy from the heat. The toasted moss on the rocks crunched under my feet like eggshells.

End of the hike.

The creamy flowers are Oceanspray, Holodiscus discolor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hace demasiado calor. Traté de escaparlo, bajando hacia un laguito entre el bosque. No lo logré; a los 50 metros, ya quemada y aturdida por el sol, tuve que desistir y regresar a casa. El musgo sobre las rocas, bien tostado, crujía bajo mis pies, haciendo un ruido como de cascarones de huevos.

Foto: hasta aquí llegué. El arbusto con flores color crema es Holodiscus discolor, llamado aquí rocío de mar, aunque es un arbusto de sitios secos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger