Friday, April 15, 2022

Mid-afternoon snack

 In shady woods, I was looking at nurse stumps, and saw movement up there in the dark.

Red squirrel, Tamiasciurus hudsonicus

The same squirrel; I moved to get better lighting.

She's fat, and her nipples are swollen. Very pregnant. She didn't seem to mind me moving about below. Once she finished her snack, she turned and went on up into the shelter of the green branches above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Estaba mirando algunos troncones "criaderos" en un bosque sombreado y allá arriba, vi movimiento. Era una ardilla roja, Tamiasciurus hudsonicus, una ardilla indígena. Está bien gorda, y sus tetas están hinchadas; está en punto de dar a luz. Se mantuvo tranquila mientras yo daba vueltas allí abajo, buscando mejor luz para la foto. Cuando terminó de comer, se dió vuelta y subió a perderse entre las ramas verdes en la copa del árbol.


2 comments:

  1. A beautiful photo of a very pregnant squirrel. Love this!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger