Wednesday, July 15, 2020

The better to see you with

I'm pretty pleased with this: a fly on a bouncing leaf on a windy hillside.

Focus stack, three photos.

What I liked were those amazing eyes.

Last photo, as I came closer. Then he flew away.

Each eye is composed of 3,000 to 6,000 simple eyes. (How Stuff Works)

And I never had noticed before that they have antennae on their antennae.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Esto me gustó. Una mosca en una hoja bailando en el viento. Lo que me llama la atención son esos ojos maravillosos.

Cada ojo grande contiene de 3 a 6 mil ojitos simples. Y además hay otros tres en medio, pero tan pequeños que no los puedo hallar.

Y nunca me había dado cuenta antes que las moscas tienen antenas en las antenas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger