Saturday, May 16, 2020

A road less travelled

I explored two roads leading to mountain viewpoints today. ("Amazing vista!" a man beside the highway told me.)

This one leads to a lookout on top of Mount Menzies.

And neither road took me to the lookouts. This road got too rough for my car around the 500 metre mark. The second was smoother, but halfway up, a tree had fallen over the road. So much for views. But the forest was silent and green. And there were moss and flowers and bear poop and stumps.

Photos tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~

Fui a explorar un par de caminos que llevan a sitios con vistas (¡Asombrosa! —me dijo un hombre abajo en la carretera) El de la foto lleva a la cima del monte Menzies.

Pero no llegué a ninguno de los sitios. El primer camino se hizo demasiado escabroso para mi cochecito como a los 500 metros de altura. El segundo era menos difícil, pero a medio camino me topé con un árbol que había caído, bloqueando por completo el paso.

Ni modo. Pero el bosque era verde y silencioso. Y había musgos y flores y excremento de oso y troncos cortados.

Mañana habrá fotos.

1 comment:

  1. this is my kind of "vista". Give me woods over mountains any day.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger