Sunday, October 15, 2017

Flowering Lithop

My stone plant bloomed!

First, there was a button between the two leaves, then an orange tip, then ...

First petals. October 2.

Side view, the same day.

Coming along nicely. October 4.

Full flower! October 8.

Zooming in.

Now, a week later, the flower has started to wilt. For that plant, that's it for this year; they produce, at most, one flower per plant per year.

But there's a button poking between the leaves of the plant next door! Such excitement!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing when you think about how they look 350 days a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! A true sign that your plant is happy.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger