Saturday, October 31, 2015

No need for feet

In an empty boat berth at the Discovery Harbour Marina, hundreds of young herring were dancing. There's no other word for it; they swirled in loops and figure eights, twisted down into dark water, then leapt to break the surface, creating rows of winking lights. They split into groups, which met and mingled in complex patterns, then pivoted to promenade stage right, in unison. All that was missing was the music.

Upswing

Spin

All together now

(The water reflected the clear blue of the sky, and a few clouds; the herring were silvery grey. I saturated the colour and increased the contrast to define the herring.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger