Monday, June 30, 2014

Welcome mat

Last week, I posted photos of the spider that built her tunnel web on our compost bin. Evidently, it was still under construction, with just the shape of the walls sketched in, so that she was visible inside.

That was then ...

This is now.

She has reinforced the walls and built a doorway, with an inviting, carpeted foyer inside. And she's hiding in the back, out of sight of curious visitors. (I know she's there; I saw movement inside when I got too close.)

The little black scrap on the doorstep looks like the remains of a small moth. No garbage pickup here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger