Laurie found these mushrooms in a dry spot near the rhododendrons. I haven't tried to ID them, instead spent time playing around with the lighting, trying to get true colours indoors without extensive Photoshopping afterwards. I photographed them on the kitchen counter against a blue background, to tone down the yellow of the overhead light, which is supposedly "soft white". These turned out almost right; the rest were deleted at first glance.
(I did a bit of post processing, mostly to clean up scattered dust and lighten one where the flash failed to work.)
|A bit too much yellow from room light.|
|Better, but I had to lighten it up, so the blue background almost disappeared.|
|These look about right.|
And I took a spore print, half on black, half on plain white paper. The spores turned out charcoal grey.
|The half on white paper. Not very informative, but there's no lighting problem here; I scanned the print.|