Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Indefatigable weeds

It's November; even the evergreen blackberries have stopped work for the year, but a few plants never give up. Around Mud Bay, the tansy, the hawkweed, and the sea rocket are in full flower. After all, there are still a few flies and beetles around to pollinate them. Can't waste an opportunity!

These plantains, growing in the shelter of the railway approach to the bridge over the Serpentine River, seem to think it's still mid-summer.

Plantago lanceolata, at Mud Bay Station

Stretching two feet tall




1 comment:

  1. I love the second image!!!! Although the detail in the first catches my eye, too...

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger