Saturday, March 14, 2009

Resting after the climb

Fred Gingell, a plaque at the lookout in the park named for him tells us, viewed the park as a place for Delta's residents to sit and watch the sunsets over Georgia Strait. Mostly, though, we find people running. Down all those steps to the beach (a 50-metre vertical drop), and often, up again and down again, counting as they go. "How many trips does that make?" I asked a runner on Wednesday. "Nine," he puffed. "One more to go."

(I am pleased with myself if I make it down and up once. Walking.)

One visitor, though, remembers, and sits to watch the afternoon sun.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger