Monday, November 24, 2008

Brief interruption

I have been tagged for the six random things meme. By PZ, who cheated; he never got around to step 5. (Let each person know they have been tagged, and leave a comment on their blog.) I had to find out all by myself.

When you are raising an army of cephalopods, you can afford to do that, I guess.

'nuff grumbling. The rules are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
So that's 1 and 2 taken care of. Now, the six random things.
  1. I love driving, even in the city. Especially at night. Nights after a rain are the best, when the air is clear and all the lights are sparkly. Or on the highway, when the moon plays hide-and-seek behind the evergreens.
  2. I have a Mexican straw hat that has hung on my wall (in many houses, and three countries) since 1959.
  3. Long ago, back in the early 1980s, I swore I would never, ever, have anything to do with computers. (I'm a lousy typist; how was I supposed to handle programming on a keyboard? And I like books. On paper. That I can throw in my bag and carry with me, slip little scraps of notepaper into, even write in the margins of.) Then I house-sat where they had a tape-driven Commodore, with games for little kids, and was hooked for life.
  4. I make lists. Like this one. But not shopping lists; I always lose them, anyhow.
  5. I have a live spider in a plastic container in the living room. Not for the first time. I usually have some sort of multi-legged "pet" around.
  6. Yay, the sixth already! I am a fairly decent Mexican cook. But I can't eat beans and tortillas any more. (I cheat, sometimes.)
Rule # 4: Tag 6 people.

PZ sort of cheated with this one, too; he just grabbed the last 6 commenters on his blog. Way to discourage your minions!

Let's see ... who's on my Google Reader? How about these:
  1. Clare, at The House and other Arctic Musings,
  2. Pablo, at Roundrock Journal,
  3. Shawn, at Prairie Preacher,
  4. Bug Girl, at Bug Girl's Blog,
  5. Christopher, at Catalogue of Organisms (you've been working too hard, Christopher; time for a bit of silliness),
  6. and Nina, at Nature Remains.
Rule 5: Notify these bloggers. Will do, in the morning.
Rule 6: Notify PZ. Ditto.

There! Now I can get back to the Crawl photos. 'bout time.
.

2 comments:

  1. As a Canadian, and hence resident of another country influenced by the good old C of E, surely you know that there's no such thing as "working too hard", and bringing up the possibility only inspires feelings of guilt that one may not be working hard enough?

    Anyway, I've posted a reply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, heh, heh ...

    I knew that. But I'm Eeeeeevil!

    :p

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger