Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The better to see you with

I never saw a pug-nose cat before. I met this one in an alley-way in Strathcona yesterday evening.


A baleful glare. Maybe it's the yellow eyes (click on the photo to get the full effect) or the scars on the face. (Is that a recent wound on his nose?) He looks like a scrapper. But he gave no sign of being annoyed by my photography, and sat there calmly while I experimented with flash/no flash and distant shots/close-ups. The light was fading, so I needed the flash, but it did strange things with his eyes:


One yellow eye, one green eye.

We will be house-sitting in Strathcona for the next two weeks. Blogging may be sporadic at first; my daughter's computer keeps adding uncalled-for formatting to this post. (It just needs to learn the rules: I am the boss, not it. I'll be giving it a good lecture tomorrow.)

Now, I'll hit "Publish" and see what happens. Wish me luck!
.

2 comments:

  1. Awww.. poor kitty,looks like it has ear mites too. Strange looking kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. I blew up the original to full size. They're fat ones, too. Poor kitty.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger