Sunday, January 20, 2008

One good thing about being sick ...

... is that I get a lot of computer housekeeping done. It's just enough effort to keep my mind off my troubles, but doesn't require any real thinking. And I'm not moving about; a big plus when every muscle aches.

So I've been cleaning out my photo files, getting rid of a lot that had been waiting on a decision until I had forgotten they were there. (It's easy to decide to chuck something when your head aches.) And I found quite a few interesting ones, also forgotten. I am going to have to devise a new way of sorting and tagging them so that doesn't happen again.

And I've thrown away old log files and leftover downloads, cookies for places I will never go again, etc. And defragmented the hard drive. All boring, routine chores.

Now I can start fresh. New year, freshened computer, and, I think, returning energy. Yay!

And, in a last bit of tidying up, here are two photos from the Strathcona Culture Crawl that I had somehow missed.

A sculpture by Mary Kathleen Barrett: more of her work at her website.


And, just after dusk, we passed this garbage bin with a warning sign:


"Lunatic cat", in French. Yowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger