Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekly Linkfest

Lots of goodies today; where to start?

Spiders, of course! At The Other 95%, Ant? Spider? You Decide!.

And other creepy crawlies: how about underwater ones? On Ellipsis, What A Mermaid's Autumn Day Must Be Like. Stunning photos!

And more practical: Photos and data on zooplankton of the BC Coast. Probably covers Washington State, as well. From Fisheries and Oceans, Canada.

More photos and data: Mushroom Observer. A searchable database. Mushroom season is starting; I'll be using this page frequently.

Susan Gets Native does another Hawk ID post. Handy.

On another tack: I love this video. I think I have watched it at least a dozen times. The inner life of a cell, from Harvard Multimedia. It's worth watching, even if you aren't into microbiology; you will be awestruck at the activity going on in this simplest unit of living things. I know I was/am.

I found a narrated version on YouTube; not as good resolution, of course, but very helpful in terms of understanding what the pictures represent.

Junkfood Science
is one of the blogs I read every day. Two recent posts are "A" for Business, and Yo-yo science and the dangers of coincidence.

Skeptico points out the difference between science and pseudo-science in When will CAM do this?

And this is odd: the official kilogram is losing weight. (Don't panic; this doesn't mean that we all now weigh five kilos more, or anything like that. More like 2500 micrograms, and we can lose that by getting a haircut.) :D

1 comment:

  1. Hello :)

    Just dropping by to say "hello" and thank you, for the kind words, and link to my blog, Ellipsis. You made my week. You have a wonderful blog here, I will be back for another visit. Have a good week ahead.

    All my best,

    Carly
    http://ellipsissuddenlycarly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger