Friday, November 29, 2013

Hungry!

I am constantly amazed at my sturdy anemone, "Val"; in little over a year, she has gone from a blob of torn tissue to this:

At rest. Occasionally, she inflates that column by another third, and stretches upward about 4 cm. The tentacles now measure over 4.5 cm.

The disc, with its big mouth, flanked by crumbs from her last meal.  Open like this, she dominates the whole aquarium.

And she probably has more growing to do. She now eats a snail or two every day, plus two big pellets of shrimp meal. And any amphipod that loses its way. She would eat my fingers, if I let her; she grabs them if I happen to get too close.

1 comment:

  1. She is such a beautiful creature!!! As well as lucky to be alive!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger