Friday, January 08, 2010

Good catch!

Or lost opportunity?

Watch this pair of hooded mergansers, fishing in Cougar Creek Park:



Handsome. He knows it, too.



Gone fishing.



"Look what I caught!"



"Oh! Is that for me? How sweet of you!"



"No, it's my fish. Go catch your own!"



"He ate it! I can't believe such rudeness!"



"In that case ..."



"... there are other fish in the sea.* Just as handsome as you, and bigger, too!"

*I think she actually said, "... ducks in the water," but I've translated the idiom, not the literal words.

3 comments:

  1. I've playing with a microscope today - inspired by your pictures and looking at things like the eyes of moths - so intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots of the Mergansers.
    The male is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, does your microscope include a link to the computer and a photo function? I'd love to see those moth eyes up close.

    (Here, I'll have to wait until the spring moths start to show up.)

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger