Saturday, October 24, 2009

No fashion sense whatsoever

This tiny hermit crab arrived in my aquarium in a clump of sea lettuce. She* seems to have been in too much of a hurry when she chose her outfit.



Black-eyed hermit crab, Pagurus armatus.

Not only is the shell she's wearing all broken and jagged at the front  (you'd think that would be scratchy!), but it's broken off just above the first turn of the spiral, so she's going around with her tail end exposed to view. I've left her a few similar shells, whole ones, in the next size up for when she decides it's time for a change.

*It's almost impossible to tell a male from a female, they say. Females may be smaller, so I'm going for "she".
.

1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger