Saturday, December 06, 2008

Half a post is better than none.

I like memes. I know some bloggers grumble about them; some even refuse to pass them on. But I think that the exercises add a more personal aspect to the blogging world, in that they round out our on-line personas with those little details that we so take for granted in our "real-world" acquaintances.

And often, it turns out that we have more in common than we thought. I love those moments when someone says, "I do that, too!" or, "I was there!" Hey, if we didn't live half-way around the world from each other, we'd be meeting for coffee at Tim Horton's, showing off the latest vacation pics, and grumbling about the traffic and the rain. The business of the day usually comes later; on the blogs, it comes first. Memes help to remedy that situation.

I especially like memes that come with awards. Someone likes what I do! Wow! That puts a smile on my face for the week.

Last week, I received two smile-makers. First, Huckleberry, at Huckleberry Days, gave me the Superior Scribbler Award.

Thanks, Huckleberry! What a nice thing to say!

And then, Dawn sent the Butterfly Award.

Thanks, Dawn. (And yes, the wording sounds strange to me, too.)

Now, here's the problem with memes; they come with rules. They have to be passed on. And that's not easy.

For the Scribbler award, I must:
  1. Pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
  2. Link to the author & the name of the blog from whom I have received The Award. - Done
  3. Display The Award on my blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award. - Done
  4. Visit This Post and add my name to the Mr. Linky List. - Done
  5. Post these rules on my blog. -Done
So I only have #1 left to do.

And for the Butterfly Award; I am pasting the rules, along with Dawn's wonderful escape clause:
These are the rules I am following and the rules that I pass on to you all.
Though I know a few of you personally and know that you probably wont pass it on..that is ok...It is like a chain letter, you wont die, blah blah blah if you don't do it..
  1. Put the logo on your blog, you can right-click and copy it from above. - Done
  2. Add a link to the person who awarded you. - Done
  3. Nominate other blogs for this award (about 10). (About 10! Eep!)
  4. Add links to those blogs.
  5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.
  6. Give a reason why you consider their blogs cool.
That makes 15 new award-winning blogs; 5 Scribblers and 10 "Cool" bloggers. Links, explanation, and message to the bloggers.

The difficulty is not in finding the blogs; it is in pruning the list down to 15 bloggers, none of whom I have passed on any memes to recently.

I think I need more time. Like a couple of days, or three.


Day's end. I'm off to bed. 'night, all!
.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:50 pm

    Hello, I am doing an online experiment for college that involves comments and the freedom of speech.

    We've started the blog and would like this blog to be apart of it. Simply leave this comment posted or post the following link anywhere in your blog. Please forward the link and this message to everyone you know.We need all forms of comments, any are accepted. Feel free to dump your spam here. Thank you for your help!

    Post any comment here-->
    Post a Comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your awards.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger