Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sunflower Seed Thief

He looks wary; he should!

Several chickadees were lined up on this table, hopping back and forth, looking through the window at my desk. Unusual behaviour; usually they go from the maple to the feeder to the evergreens, with an occasional side trip to the birdbath. I went to check the feeder. It was empty.

Sorry, guys; I got distracted somehow. I know my job description doesn't include distractions. Really, really sorry.

I filled the feeder, and put an extra handful of sunflower seeds in the dish where I put out small bird seed for the juncos. Atonement.

And five minutes later, Scruffy here was at the dish, stuffing his cheeks. He watched me, at the window, closely, but kept at it. Here he is, with an empty dish.


What's the problem? You spoil those juncos, anyhow. And you don't let me at the chickadee feeder at all. It's not fair. So these are mine. All mine!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, I am new to your site...Your squirrel really is giving you the bad eye:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how those birds really know the hand that feeds them ... and how they know how to get your attention!!

    Really cute pic of the squirrel ... even if he is a rascal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So ... is the cute little guy connected to the massive "peanuts only" bags pictures below him (those stolen seed have to go somewhere don't they?) or is that just a happy coincidence ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shawn,

    It's a coincidence. Unless he's reading my blog.

    Changes in the wind, Welcome!

    Cis; On the other hand, I hope he isn't reading my blog; he might get uppity, thinking he's cute!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger