Tuesday, April 23, 2019

More like millions

I did say thousands of pink fawn lilies, didn't I? I might have understated. Here's one small patch beside the trail.

42 pink fawn lilies.

I did a quick Google maps measurement: the trails I followed around Nunns Creek cover about 10 hectares, or 25 acres, 100,000 sq. metres. And the fawn lilies were thick over most of that area.

In the photo, the longer, mottled leaves are fawn lily leaves. The smaller, heart-shaped leaves are false lily of the valley, still not flowering. The yellow patch is where the sun shines. This wood is mostly in deep shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger