Saturday, July 05, 2014

Subbing spider.

It's late. I've been playing with the camera and watching snails lay eggs, and now it's too late to process the photos tonight.

Have a fat spider, instead.

He's been sitting under the same sausage vine leaf for days, hardly moving, even when I turn his leaf over. Waiting for a mate to move into the vicinity?

Very obviously a male. Look at the size of those boxing glove pedipalps!

Detail of one of the pedipalps. He uses these to transfer sperm to the female. When he finds one. If he ever overcomes his shyness.

Coming up: those snails and eggs, a couple of tubeworms, and hermit silliness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger