Tuesday, August 06, 2013

So laser eyes are hereditary!

Proof:

Mother and kits, getting a drink and practicing crab catching. Caught on the BirdCam.

It's been so hot and dry here that I've been making sure there is fresh water available for this little family every night. The kits can't reach the birdbath yet, so I leave a metal basin on the ground for them.

The mother drinks; the kits not so much. They're still nursing, so they get their hydration from poor, thirsty Mommy. But they're learning to search underwater for goodies. Last night, one stepped into the basin with all four feet, felt around, then went on his way. Nothing there but water; what a disappointment!

I wonder if they'd like some mussels? I've got spares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger