Thursday, November 22, 2007

Interlude

Today, the sun was shining, the wind was not blowing. It was bitterly cold, but beautiful; in the afternoon, we bundled up and went to Crescent Beach.


The water was as smooth as glass.


Except when the occasional boat left a wash.


Like this.


Photo op.


I wish you well, CF and CP.


Ambling home with the tide.


Ducks and seagulls. Out farther, a few loons, mallards and geese.


End of the afternoon.


Last gasp. I set the camera for "Backlit" and aimed straight into the sun. Probably fried the camera's brain.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing to see it so calm! I have a sunset picture including that wharf too.

    We didn't make it down for The Crawl. Sounds like you had fun poking around. Our next trip down will be in December ... we've two functions to go to, one on the 15th and one on the 16th. Will probably head north soon after that. We only travel on good weather days.

    D got a chuckle about your comment ... everyone turning green ... says it was often stormy on the coast (Estevan) and very few really sunny days. The wind was almost always blowing. When he would "come out" ... home for a few days to Bradner (in those days), he found it quiet and the air quite stifling.

    Sounds like you've travelled a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first pic is worthy of a nice frame.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger